Prien Signature Good or Bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prien Signature Good or Bad?

I have my own thoughts but would appreciate others.

Many Thanks.
    Attached Files

Not another PrienThese and Marseille seem to be reproducing of their own accord lately. I think what this site really needs is a separate section for showing autographs for authentication. Meanwhile, I'll let Max or Ralf comment on this one, as I was fooled by a Prien last time

Comment

Originally posted by VtwinVince View Post
      Not another PrienThese and Marseille seem to be reproducing of their own accord lately. I think what this site really needs is a separate section for showing autographs for authentication. Meanwhile, I'll let Max or Ralf comment on this one, as I was fooled by a Prien last time
      Heh. Although it does seem that way this one has been in circulation for a good while and so is not part of some very recent surge in Prien signatures methinks, good bad or otherwise.

Probably a few recent postings of examples make it seem that way.

Edited to Add : This particular example was Authenticated by Detlev N.
      Last edited by Hissing_Sid; 05-01-2011, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Not another PrienThese and Marseille seem to be reproducing of their own accord lately.
        ...along with Meyer...and Rommel...and Heß...and.....

"Hundestaffel"

Comment

May I just apologise for having asked for opinions on the piece.

I seem to have broken some unwritten forum etiquette regarding asking for opinions on certain signatures.

I didn't mean to be a nuisance and apologise for inadvertently annoying people with Prien signature fatigue.

Comment

Sid, no need for that. I think there are some genuine experts who will be glad to give you their opinions on your item.

Comment

Sid, no need for that. I think there are some genuine experts who will be glad to give you their opinions on your item.
              Yeah sorry for the ruffled feathers must be a bit touchy today.

I personally enjoy all the examples of signatures be they good or bad, as it expands the referencing material available.

Comment

Here is an authentic Prien signature. His autograph is one of the easiest to copy, but there are finite differences between genuine and forged examples. This particular one is from a handwritten letter and comes from the Nachlass of Grossadmiral Erich Raeder.
                Max.
                Attached Files

Comment

Niemann is gone, and his COA's are worthless now.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Angel View Post
                    Yes, I know that.

I did not seek to support nor discount the signatures authenticity with the comment.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Angel View Post

This is correct ! The first Prien signature is rubbish !

A lot of COA of Niemann about autographs are worthless.
                      The COA which i saw from Niemann - all was worthless.
                      The COA of Niemann was worthless when he writes this.
                      One of the most famous fake COA from Niemann s in the book of Marseille - Robert Tate !!

Comment

Figured as much.

A couple more ....
                        Attached Files

Comment

Sorry, Sid, I was trying to let you down gently, but Ralf does not mince words! All the signatures you have posted exhibit areas of serious flaws.
                          Max.

Comment

Originally posted by max history View Post
                            Sorry, Sid, I was trying to let you down gently, but Ralf does not mince words! All the signatures you have posted exhibit areas of serious flaws.
                            Max.
                            No need to apologise or be gentle max

Honesty is appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by frankandfrank View Post
                              This is correct ! The first Prien signature is rubbish !

A lot of COA of Niemann about autographs are worthless.
                              The COA which i saw from Niemann - all was worthless.
                              The COA of Niemann was worthless when he writes this.
                              One of the most famous fake COA from Niemann s in the book of Marseille - Robert Tate !!

Originally posted by max history View Post
                              Max.
                              Indeed.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,823 at 04:29 PM on Today.

Working...
                              X