Clear All

A very nice collection.
    I especially LOVE the nice desk with all the details
    It's like going back in time.

Comment

Nice looking collection.

Steve

Comment

I agree, be proud of your collection, there are not many collector who are lucky as you are !

I could say that I'm in love with all your stuff but your colored canteens, plane photo, and especially the gramophone with matching disc are realy amaizing.

Even with more years of collecting I think such quality items and well display will always impress me. In only two years, congratulations, I'm interested in ww2 for years and I never seen a lot of your item, and in such condition, and all together!

Best regards from France !

Comment

Your collection is as big ansimportant as you think. In your case, my humble advice is THINK BIG!

Comment

its a very nice collection

Comment

Originally posted by Floris View Post
              Very nice collection!
              Never seen a blue drinking cup
              It's not only the cup. Also bottle is blue. This style canteens ( enamaled in blue were made factory of Oscar Schindler ).

Comment

Originally posted by Military View Post
                VERY NICE!

I liked the way you hung the equipment.

1. How do you position the badges on the frames? did you use pins?

2. And what kind of material were the backing of the frames made of? Was it velvet? Its very very very nice.

I think you've got a good eye for detail!
                I used the pins of badges and tailor pins with medails with ribbons.
                The cloth you can see as a background of badges and medails is red corduroy.

Comment

Today I presenting my canteens. You will see how many colors was used in factories to paint canteens and how many variations you can find.
                  First I will present the whole set of late war ersatz canteens. Than will present each of them seperately. I hope you will like it .
                  Attached Files

Comment

Here are few photos of color variation of cups ; first exterior
                    Attached Files

Comment

Now interior of cups.
                      Attached Files

Comment

As you can see colors of ersatz , late war cups can been very diffrent ; from grey to green , from red to diffrent shades of blue, even brown or black. Now I will presnt each canteen with separately.

Comment

Whole dark blue enameled . No markings , but large number of those blue enameled canteens have been found in city of Krakow in former Oskar Schindler's factory producing during the war civil kitchen enameled items like bowls , pots, buckets etc and from 1943 also canteens and meskits for german army.
                          Attached Files

Comment

another view
                            Attached Files

Comment

another photo
                              Attached Files

Comment

view ta closing snaps
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X