M-44 tunics in wear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by paulmfjr2 View Post
    This is a picture of Grossdeutschland in late '44, the guy on the far left appears to be wearing an M44.

That is a great photo! and for those looking for the M44 in wear at the front there you have it! also the colorized film still posted earlier!
    So Men.... who has that photo tucked away of an M44 worn by a member of the Police during wartime? several photos have been turned up showing police in M44's working postwar or as POW's with Eagle and Swastika patch removed.... If you have such a photo you basically have won the lotto and will be the hero of many LOL!
    Best Regards and happy hunting!

Kev

PS As for the photo steeler... I really doubt he has a lot of loyal followers? and I won't give Him the satisfaction of a site hit on the counter by avoiding it!
    Last edited by WEISNER; 01-20-2012, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by D_Dutch View Post
      It is kind of creepy to see your "property" expropriated on the internet. It is akin to identity theft. Of course these images were offered freely to fellow WAF members who have generously offered so many images of their own that I have enjoyed, but I take exception to the blatent reproduction of said images by unauthorized persons. Anyway what can you do, it has been a great thread so far and many thanks to all those who have contributed.

Comment

Originally posted by Mousey
        Not the first time this has happened, hes done it at least twice before....

Who is he?

What's his username here (does he even have one) and does anyone have his email address?

Rob

Comment

two M44 tunics in wear can be seen in this film, one at 3:39 during a post surrender award cerimony, I thought at first it was an assault gun wrap but then noticed the two chest pockets with Eagle over the right pocket.
          also at 4:27 and man marches by wearing an M44.
          here is the link.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgA1Ue5H454

Kevin

Comment

This is a picture of Grossdeutschland in late '44, the guy on the far left appears to be wearing an M44.

I have heard that the M44 came out too late to be worn with a GD cuff-title however in this photo on the man far right it is is clearly worn! or is that an assualt gun wrap?

Kev

Comment

That would be an AG wrap and trousers.

Glenn
              "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Here's one of mine to a former Luftwaffe member who transferred to the Army, serving with Luftwaffen Panzerjäger/Sturmgeschutz Abteilung 18 (1018) of 18 Luftwaffen Feld Division in Dunkirk and Normandy then transferring to Officer training school. Ending the war with Kampfgruppe Neukloster.

/Ian
                Attached Files
                Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Quite a famous picture, but just saw it again and realized both guys to the right seems to be wearing the lovley M44

Comment

This studio portrait shows a gabardine M-44 with early Feldbluse straps and worn with the unpainted aluminum parade dress belt buckle and white civilian dress shirt:
                    Attached Files

Comment

The early straps are really interesting on a m44. Jacques

Comment

Rob,

I believe that guy was previously a member here and was possibly banned for trying to sell stuff on the forum and stealing photos from WAF for his website. Nothing we can do except maybe submit a complaint on the blog he is using.

Bill

Originally posted by Rob Johnson View Post
                        Who is he?

What's his username here (does he even have one) and does anyone have his email address?

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by WEISNER View Post
                          I have heard that the M44 came out too late to be worn with a GD cuff-title however in this photo on the man far right it is is clearly worn! or is that an assualt gun wrap?

Kev
                          Not Assault gun wrap as a square flapped pocket can clearly be seen on the tunic along with a collar that is much smaller than the one found on a wrap, looks like you can see the bill of his m43 cap poking out from the centre of the button up front fastening.

I have seen a few M44 portrait type photo's where the GD cuff title is being worn.

Comment

Not Assault gun wrap as a square flapped pocket can clearly be seen on the tunic along with a collar that is much smaller than the one found on a wrap, looks like you can see the bill of his m43 cap poking out from the centre of the button up front fastening.

I have seen a few M44 portrait type photo's where the GD cuff title is being worn.

He means the Assault gun (officer) on the far right wearing an M43 hat and binoculars. Looks to be a M44 being worn on the far left.

Glenn
                            "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

another one...
                              Attached Files

Comment

Beuatiful photo! the M43 and M44 together for comparison

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,961 at 05:23 PM on Today.

Working...
                                X