Lah Tunic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lah Tunic

Collect the volunteer stuff now but I do have some other nice things.
    Here is a tunic to the LAH. I bought it 4 years ago from a bloke whose daughter was getting married. He had owned it for 18 years but there the trail ends. Enjoy.
    Attached Files

Bevo band. Have pulled it back slightly to see the tell tale nice and thin border on the reverse of the band.
    Attached Files

Comment

Eagle and later pattern "subdued" tress.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Dan, nice tunic! Do you have some additional pictures of the shoulder boards with the cyphers and the collar patches?? I would love to see them!

Cheers
        Bart

Comment

No probs Bart. Thought I'd posted those intially.
          Here there are. Blue piped for transport.
          Attached Files

Comment

Very nice. I don't collect SS due to the proliferation of fakes on the market and the substantial cost of those items, however, I do enjoy looking at them. One quick question: shouldn't the LAH slip tabs be in blue rather than white?

I collect Heer and Luftwaffe and Heer slip tabs are always in the branch color.
            AUTHOR OF:

sigpic

GERMAN ARMY SHOULDER STRAPS AND BOARDS - 1933-1945

Comment

Hi Thomas,
              not too sure what you mean but the piping is blue due to the branch ie supply/transport. The actual LAH slip on is white stitched,as it should be. I have had quite a few serious collectors pull it about and none have found anything untoward. Photos don't do it justice really. It has plenty of character and I am as sure as I can be that it has not been tampered with.

Comment

What I was asking about was how the SS did their slip tabs. I would think that since the waffenfarben was lt. blue, the slip tab LAH would also be in blue rather than infantry white. I'm not questioning the outfit, just wondering about the slip tabs.

Heer slip tabs were done in branch color (red=artillery, black=Engineers, white=infantry, etc). Did this system carry over to the SS as well?
                Attached Files
                AUTHOR OF:

sigpic

GERMAN ARMY SHOULDER STRAPS AND BOARDS - 1933-1945

Comment

ee

hay thomas i never heard of it that the w-ss used collered slip-tabs due to the branche of serving(waffenfarbe)
                  i think to reduce the cost they all usted the collour white
                  becauese the LAH was the biggest division to reduce the cost and suppley problems
                  this is also with the waffenfarbe of the visor-caps they were authorized to wear for a little period
                  so original non white visor-caps for the w-ss are very very rare
                  with best regards john
                  sigpicalways seeking = BEVO Cap and breast insignia

Comment

sorry

sorry dan i don,t mentioned about your tunic but this looks to me you got a very nice tunic
                    regardsjohn
                    sigpicalways seeking = BEVO Cap and breast insignia

Comment

"One quick question: shouldn't the LAH slip tabs be in blue rather than white? "

As mentioned above ss embroidered cyphers are not done in the same way as the army type, nearly all are white/grey embroidered, however there are rare examples in coloured thread that I have seen over the past 20 years or so one pair of artillery piped shoulder straps with red embroidered cyphers and also some 10 years ago a single in a collection in Europe again red piped shoulder straps with the cypher also in red, so that is 3 I have seen, I have seen though many reproductions done in this way.
                      sorry I have no pictures of the shoulder straps to share,
                      cheers,
                      Gary

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X