Zinc UBOAT badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zinc UBOAT badge

Just picked this up off of e-stand. Well worn obviously but I've been searching for a low end/affordable example for a while now.

My whole WW2 German collecting interest started with the stick pin version of this badge and now I have the set.
    Attached Files

last
    Attached Files

Comment

Zincer

Hi Adam
      It seems to be an unmarked L/56 in pretty rough shape. If you didn't pay much for it and you are happy with it I guess that is all that matters?It certainly has zinc pest issues and is heavily worn.

Are you going to the Show on March 26th?

Steve

Comment

Hey Steve - thanks for the comments. Yes it's far from mint but it will serve my purpose and it was at a good price. Will the zinc pest continue or what?

I'll be there! Please bring your Luft Ground Assault badges as I'm in the market.

Comment

Hi Guys,
          Funcke & Bruninghaus, Ludensheid as Steve has said. I was thinking also about flatback, which share same reverse setup but judging from obverse design I would also say L/56.
          Here is same variant from Jamie Cross's site.
          Cheers,
          Hubert
          Attached Files
          Last edited by BubbaZ; 03-17-2011, 09:45 AM.

Comment

A much nicer example obviously but it looks to be a match. Thanks for the extra info!

Comment

Adam,
              You should also see current discussion on related subject on GCA here:
              http://www.germancombatawards.com/th...a3b3a04932cc87
              Cheers,
              Hubert

Comment

Originally posted by BubbaZ View Post
                Here is same variant from Jamie Cross's site.
                Cheers,
                Hubert
                That guy is notorious for having "variants" of almost everything.

Comment

Originally posted by BubbaZ View Post
                  Adam,
                  You should also see current discussion on related subject on GCA here:
                  http://www.germancombatawards.com/th...a3b3a04932cc87
                  Cheers,
                  Hubert

Those guys seem fairly certain that this could have been a post-war piece. Does anybody have any other thoughts on that?

Given that there is even a shred of doubt I guess I'll have to send it back.

Comment

Hi Adam

I checked your badge with the one they have posted over in their U-boat section on GCA site. That is where I came up with an umarked L/56. To be honest I wouldn't want this badge in my collection but thought it was an L/56 judging from their example over there. Adam you have great taste in your collecting interests, you in my opinion should wait for a nice one and enjoy a nice piece for your great collection.

Just my two cents you can tell me to go to hell if you want but I am just saying this out of respect.
                    Steve

Comment

Thanks Steve I appreciate the input. I'll save my 'go to hell' for another time though.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X