Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Repro 1914EK1s?

I hope NOT!!!

A couple more recent arrivals for your viewing pleasure.

I've seen 3 types of KMST attachment methods; a "1/2 screwback", a near standard pin but with a fold up "post" near the catch to support the pin and this type. Has anyone seen other types?

I've read who AWS stood for somewhere but I can't find it - does anyone know off the top of their head who AWS stands for?

Regards
    Mike K

Regards
    Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Repros!?!

Mike,

I would love to start a repro collection right now beginning with your examples. Very nice!!

I can't remember who AWS is either-- but they made very nice items-- wound badges in .925 silver, awesome Gallipoli stars, and extremely nice EKs.

A fourth version of the KMST EKs is the standard assembly seen on most EKs. Thin pin, regular hinge and catch and marked 'KMST' and 'DRGM' on opposing arms of cross.

eric

Comment

another example

Here's one of the second type ("with a fold up
      "post" near the catch to support the pin") that Mike K. described. "KMST" is on the (wearer's) left arm, "DRGM" on the right. "800" in incuse relief on the pin. Vaulted. The back is very shiny, almost mirror-like. In many places the beading is almost worn away. Very unfortunately, someone has repainted the core.

George
      George

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
      X