BunkerMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Albert Kesselring Signed Iron Cross First Class Award to Obersturmbannführer Schmidt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Albert Kesselring Signed Iron Cross First Class Award to Obersturmbannführer Schmidt

I need an opinion on this award document as I have never really dealt with these. This is supposed to be an Iron Cross 1st Class awarded to Waffen SS Walter Schmidt. Atached are some photos. If this item is original what is it worth? Thank you in advance.
    Attached Files

Eh?

I see nothing wrong with it but where on earth do you make the connection to an ss-officer?????
    Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

This was posted on War Relics forum in August asking the same thing. Same answers given there apply here...
      http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/photos...cument-207221/

Comment

There is a famous Waffen-SS officer named Walter Schmidt. He won the Knight's Cross and Oakleaves with the Westland Regiment, but was never an enlisted man in the Luftwaffe.

Comment

Yes, i think many are well aware of that, Walter Schmidt is a very common name as well, 5 with that name are listed as ehrenpokal holders and 3 as DKiG holders in the LW and a further 4 in the Heer, not to mention over 1000 on the German wargraves list so i'm wondering why the poster thinks this Walter Schmidt, a gefreiter in the luftwaffe belonging to KG53 is the same as the 'famous' Walter Schmidt
          Last edited by Simon O.; 01-03-2013, 01:56 PM.
          Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Orchard View Post
            Yes, i think many are well aware of that, Walter Schmidt is a very common name as well so i'm wondering why the poster thinks this Walter Schmidt, a gefreiter in the luftwaffe belonging to KG53 is the same the 'famous' Walter Schmidt
            A man can dream... a man can dream.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulus_Gun View Post
              A man can dream... a man can dream.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X