Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spanish Cross bronze

Hi,
    Would appreciate your comments on the Spanish Cross bronze..
    Thanks in advance
    jazz24
    Attached Files

Reverse
    Attached Files

Comment

Personnally, I don't like this kind of cross. the hinge form is too far from the common known ones used in the SC. this looks like "SA" badges ones. this kind of cross was described as 50's copies in an old article wrote by "Harald Geissler" in Militaria Magazine. I can't assume that it's a copie but I prefer to stay away from such cross. this is just an opinion and hope that other collectors will give their!
      jacques

Comment

This kind of cross seemed to me always odd, but now I'm not so sure. I would like to have other opinions. May be some of you guys own such a cross with an unquestionable source. I'll be please to see pics, opinions, etc..
        jacques

Comment

I bought this cross depicted in this thread and it is on its way to me. I am confident these are real, because whenever I saw and handled one it looked good to me and it appeared in good context (even if that may only be good dealer).

What is the context this time:

-the guy selling it claims it came from his grandfather, engraved name is in center reverse and hard to see on this pic

-he also sells his grandfather´s HSF badge (Schwerin), EK1 (L/15, more of that one later when I got it, should be interesting because for me it is the first vet family acquired one I see), these two awards being IMO originals as well

-after I bought the badges (I didn´t get the HSF though), I asked him if I can have more info about his grandfather

-he sent me a scan of a photograph of his grandfather and pictures of more badges he is planning to sell. All these badges fit together and compliment each other. Age of grandfather on the pictures is very plausible for a Legion Condor veteran.

-he will get more pictures of his grandfather during the Christmas holiday when he is at his family, grandson himself does not collect and does not know anything about awards, which is not fishy in this case. This guy is very believable.

-well it is all story up to now, but I let the pictures of what he still has to offer speak for themselves once I get all items. All a nice match for me and I hope to get another picture of the grandfather with the SC in wear, the current picture ends just before the interesting lower uniform region (portrait). But the Bundeswehr ribbon bars really did it for me.

P.S.: I would be really grateful if a Kriegsmarine collector could tell me what that engraving might be all about in detail.

Cheers, Frank
          Cheers, Frank

Comment

Frank,

I think you did good
            M for Kriegsmarine
            Number 17209 could be the feldpost# for Kreuzer "Admiral Hipper" 'til August 43
            The rest I have no idea, but it looks to me that there is a date in the center - please let us know when you have it
            Collection : http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=807895

Comment

Frank
              this ship is not listed (in Bender's book) to have participated to the spanish campaign. May be it was there but no long time. I still search.
              jacques

Comment

Thanks for your input, could the numbers and N,S be coordinates?

Cheers, Frank
                Cheers, Frank

Comment

Originally posted by Frank H
                  Thanks for your input, could the numbers and N,S be coordinates?

Cheers, Frank
                  Yes, Eastern Europe. Or England if the last numbers include minutes. But the 'S', ???

Comment

The cross arrived. For me there is no doubt the cross and the whole group it came in is the real thing. Everything fits together.
                    Cheers, Frank

Comment

reverse
                      Cheers, Frank

Comment

engraving (if you have additional ideas what these numbers and letters could mean, please let me know)
                        Attached Files
                        Cheers, Frank

Comment

hinge
                          Attached Files
                          Cheers, Frank

Comment

catch
                            Attached Files
                            Cheers, Frank

Comment

eagle and sword grip
                              Cheers, Frank

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X