VirtualGrenadier

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Auschwitz marked "Totenkopf" Studio Portrait....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auschwitz marked "Totenkopf" Studio Portrait....

I realize that this may not be the most appropriate section to post this, but I do hope that the Mods of this section will leave it here as I would like this to receive the widest exposure possible.

This photograph (along with various others) was sent by myself to Peter von Lukacs (Military Antiques of Stockholm) a few months ago but never arrived. Unfortunately, I have recently had more then my fair share of problems when it comes to the efficiency of postal systems, whether domestic or international.

If anyone comes across this photo, please contact myself or Peter von Lukacs directly. If by some miracle this photo does safely arrive in Peters hands, I will update this thread.

Many Thankx..

"Hundestaffel"
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Hi,
      Are you sure the text on the backside is original?

The German writing isn't right IMO. A German wouldn't write " Zum Andenken von Kamerad"!

Comment

Originally posted by AJ View Post
        Hi,
        Are you sure the text on the backside is original?

The German writing isn't right IMO. A German wouldn't write " Zum Andenken von Kamerad"!
        That wording is ok, a bit unusual but all correct.

Comment

Thankx Fritz....

Insult to injury to have this piece first go "missing" then to have the grammar questioned...

"Hundestaffel"

Comment

For me the signature does not look wartime !

Comment

Originally posted by frankandfrank View Post
              For me the signature does not look wartime !
              Then if / when it ever appears out of the postal bowels, don't purchase it.

"Hundestaffel"

Comment

Hello. I just showed the photo to a German man (my father in law) who is familiar with the old writing and such. He agrees the German is not the best, a tad peculiar, but it is possible the young guard did not have the best education remember, maybe coming from a small village or maybe from a different part of the reich. It seems more likely to be real I think.

Comment

Thankx for that antonivs....if only others were as realistic with their observations as you are...your speculations / observations indeed closely mirror the confirmed information I have regarding Schneider.

Anyone else ???

I can keep this up all day....

;-)

"Hundestaffel"
                  Last edited by Hundestaffel; 12-03-2010, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hundestaffel View Post
                    Thankx for that antonivs....if only others were as realistic with their observations as you are...your speculations / observations indeed closely mirror the confirmed information I have regarding Schneider.

Anyone else ???

I can keep this up all day....

;-)

"Hundestaffel"
                    No problem. Hope the photo surfaces soon.

Comment

Great photo H, showing a scarce form of TK tab.

Will keep my eyes open for this one.

Comment

Thankx G-Man...

*** AJ and frankandfrank - It would be very much appreciated if you would kindly share the wartime information you have in regards to Schneider here on the WAF so that I may cross-check that information against my own records....

Thankx...

"Hundestaffel"

Comment

Just a short note to let everyone know that Peter von Lukacs (Military Antiques of Stockholm) has finally received the Auschwitz photo in question.

*** Kudos to my country's quality postal service - after paying (stiffly) for a "Guaranteed" 4 day overseas Air Mail delivery, the package in which this photo was in finally reached its destination Ground Mail (i.e. by ship).

"Hundestaffel"
                          Last edited by Hundestaffel; 01-06-2011, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Excellent!

Comment

Glad to hear it finally made it !!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X