Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Ring Hildebrandt

Hello fellow collectors!!!,
    Enjoy the pictures of an Honor ring awarded to Hildebrandt 21/6/42, This fellow was HUGE!!, A US size 16, Ade has been trying to narrow it down for me and we (him and his friends) have narrowed it down to just a few, I sent a message to John p Moore for his expertise on whom the SS man was,
    enjoy the pictures..
    Bernie.
    Last edited by Bernie; 12-29-2007, 11:58 PM.

Seam shot behind Skull

one more picture:
    Last edited by Bernie; 12-29-2007, 11:58 PM.

Comment

Bernie, I checked the 1944 Dienstalterliste, and there are four Hildebrandts listed. However, Fritz Hildebrandt was promoted on 21.6.42, so I suspect it was his ring given when he was promoted to the rank of SS-Sturmbannfhr.

Tom

Comment

If one of the men was commissioned as SS-Ustuf in 1939, the likelihood (not a certainty, though) is that it's his.

Comment

After a lot of research through all the Hildebrandt Personalakten together with related DALs and some help from Raymond G in the UK, Bernie and I have narrowed it down to SS-Obersturmbannführer Heinrich Hildebrandt, SS Nr. 275 982. This Hildebrandt was an A-SS staff officer in the SS-Hauptamt and later SS-Oberabschnitt Spree in Berlin, who had earned the EK I in WW I.

Below is the DVD cover that I designed for Bernie's CD containing the Hildebrandt documents. The Totenkopfring is Hildebrandt's while the Degen is from my collection as Hildebrandt also was a recipient of one.

John
          Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X