General's Brocade belt and buckle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General's Brocade belt and buckle

I've been looking for many years for this to go with my Waffenrock. It looks good to me. Please let me know your thoughts.
    Attached Files

Close-up of the buckle.
    Attached Files

Comment

Reverse of the buckle.
      Attached Files

Comment

Size 100 marking on the inside.
        Attached Files

Comment

Inside view of the slides.
          Attached Files

Comment

View of the belt hook attachment.
            Attached Files

Comment

Belt hook attachment (other side)

If you need other views, please let me know.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello Todd How about posting your waffenrock with the brocade. I can't tell if your set is good or not. I've had this one Twenty plus years and i'm not 100% sure about it. Yours is more of a dull gold paint, my set looks more gold plated. The construction of the buckles looks the same. My brocade has snaps for removing the buckle. This made me think forestry brocade. Is your buckle sewn in? Kirby
                Attached Files

Comment

reverse
                  Attached Files

Comment

I have a couple of questions as well. The backing of the belt looks more canvas than felt and if it is a sewn in buckle it should be sewn directly behind the belt latch. The stitching looks rather thick as well or coming apart which could be understandable if period worn. The buckle looks fine in my estimation.

Dan

Here are photos of my brocade with similar picture layout that Todd provided.
                    Attached Files

Comment

reverse of buckle (sewn in)
                      Attached Files

Comment

front of buckle (again you can see how close and tight it is sewn in to buckle)
                        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks guys for your comments and pics of your brocades. Here is another pic which may help some.

The backing on the belt isn't canvas material. It does look worn overall. The buckle is sewn tight as can be seen in this image. I hope it is a good one. Any other thoughts??
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

I have been told that there are 2 different types of General officer buckles; one with a matt finish and one with a shiny finish. I can not attest to this from any written sources only from observations of a dealer. As for the backing material, I have seen many different types of material on brocades. The one pictured (Todd's) appears to have a gaberdine backing (??). I have several brocades with a gaberdine backing but I like the felt backings the best.

The thing to worry about most on GO buckles would be if it were a standard officer buckle that has been gilt plated/painted. Best to look for that in hand.

I will try to remember to post pix of my GO Brocade when I get home.

Gary B
                            ANA LM #1201868, OMSA LM #60, OVMS LM #8348

Comment

It's taken me a while to get settled down after the move to a new home. Here is a pic of the belt on the uniform.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,961 at 05:23 PM on Today.

Working...
                              X