RK winner w/out ribbon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RK winner w/out ribbon?

Here is an example of a seldom encountered method of attaching the RK...

Wonderfull pic !!!

Thanks for sharing it - if somebody has other pics with "special" way of wearing the RK - just go !

Again thanks - Do you have info on this RK winner?
    Collection : http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=807895

Comment

Hi,

Could anyone please tell me who the RK winer is, as I have the exact same photo, I got it from Detlev about six months ago.

Regards

Phil

Comment

I am not sure who the winner is, but there is some scribbling on the back of the photo which may indicate who the winner is. I will post a pic of the back by tomorrow.

I bought this from the same place as Phil. I noticed that the item was still available for weeks after I purchased this, and figured that there were more than one; I just never asked if this was true. Do you have any marks on the back of your photo?

Comment

KC holder

Hello,

Im sorry to be the bearer of the somehow bad news , this picture seems to be reproduced many times => i have exact the same example.

The KC holder is Oberleutnant Georg Einhoff , he received the KC on 06.06.1943 while he was attached to the Gren.Regt. 366.

He was born at 19.10.1904 at Baven and was Killed in action on 18.02.1945 as a Major near Streuort bei Heiderode.

However it remains a nice picture.

Greetings,
          my collectionfield : German glider pilots

http://users.skynet.be/lw-glider/

Comment

On the back of mine there is writing also, it would be interesting to see if the writing on the back is the same as mine. I also noticed that the photo stayed for sale for several weeks after i bought mine. If the writing is the same would't this indicate that Detlev knew these were repros.

Regards

Phil

p.s. mine DOES'T glow under black light, does yours?

Comment

writing on the back

Hello,

Mine has the following written on the back in pencil : 621 , 2404 , 25 a 26 , Freekmann or something similar ?

Mayby a number from some kind off archive or so ?

Greetings,
              my collectionfield : German glider pilots

http://users.skynet.be/lw-glider/

Comment

Mine has exactly the same markings as yours Stijn, the print paper paper is by Agfa Brovira.

Comment

This is quite funny. Perhaps the number of photos produced contributed to this poor chaps hair loss.

Comment

What an uncomfortable--and risky--method of wear!

I can remember reading decades ago (I think in Paul Carell's "Invasion: They're Coming!" on the German side at Normandy in 1944) a Knight's Cross holder commenting that some sort of splinter or something had gone through his collar and (only!) severed the ribbon, but that luckily a shoelace also used to tie it on kept it from falling off-- his account mentioned that this was a "common" extra fastening method in the field.

Comment

Here is the best tie have ever had,
                      Sorry for not posting them directly here but the link is easier.

http://legionnaire0.50megs.com/custom4.html

The thin one on the inside is for securicy, although the thick ribbon on the outside is rather stable as well.

Comment

Here is another method similar to Chris' from an Infantry officer RKT group

Comment

As for the photo depicting Georg Einhoff, here is another one coming from the Hoffmann sery.
                          Nice group Andy, would it be possible to have a close up view of the KC document signed by Linnarz in the topic that I initiated in the Document section ?
                          Regards
                          Denis
                          Attached Files

Comment

Denis, I'm in the process of acquiring this group from another collector. I'll post some good pics when I get it in hand

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X