E-boat badge marked AS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E-boat badge marked AS

I wonder so much if the badges are fine or not, I have no experience of this....I simply have to ask for help again and again...Tombac, zinc, hinges, catches, pins......my head is spinning
    Attached Files

It is an "A.S." E-boat badge. The badge is made from zinc and appears to be original although the finish is well-worn. The catch-hook is a round wire and can often be a flat-wire. It appears to be an original assembly (not repaired). Would ask others for their opinions.
    Visit my Badge Collection: http://lbmilitaria.homestead.com/home.html

Comment

It appears to be an honest original with moderate wear. No problems that I can see.

Regards
      Mike
      Regards
      Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

A good one

Andy

Comment

Hello there,

A good one. These badges keep their finish well over time.

William Kramer
          Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

AS S-Boot

Hello,
            The badge is good, but I must say it almost looks like it has been cleaned. The boat seems to have a rubbed look to it and the gilt is all but gone from the bottom of the ship. The top of the waves appear to be cleaned or rubbed very hard too.

When paint gets worn on these examples it seems to chip more than fade.

Regards,
            Jody

Here is my example and you can see what I mean.
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi, yes I can see what you mean, and maybe it was cleaned. I didn`t, I got stopped from doing that from a collector. He told me I should take some soap and lukewarm water and rinse carefully and let it airdry. Well thats a shame, I guess the value goes down dramatically of course....thanks for your replay, I have so much to learn...I see so many nice badges here on the forum, and realizes that mine are in pretty bad shape...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X