Documentation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Documentation

I am new to this community. Please be gentle with me for now. I am trying to find any documentation pertaining to my father. His name was Anton Boos. His Erkennungsmarke is -934-St.Kp.Pz.E.Abt.7 In 1943 he was in 3.Kompanie Panzer-Regiment 2. In 1944, 16th Panzer Division. Feldpost number in 1944 was 57659. Would appreciate any help that would be offered. Have photos and some documentation. At the end of the war he was a U.S. POW, have release papers.

Welcome to the Forum, I'm sure one of the wise Members will Try and help you out....Best of luck for your search.

Comment

Originally posted by rbminis View Post
      I am new to this community. Please be gentle with me for now. I am trying to find any documentation pertaining to my father. His name was Anton Boos. His Erkennungsmarke is -934-St.Kp.Pz.E.Abt.7 In 1943 he was in 3.Kompanie Panzer-Regiment 2. In 1944, 16th Panzer Division. Feldpost number in 1944 was 57659. Would appreciate any help that would be offered. Have photos and some documentation. At the end of the war he was a U.S. POW, have release papers.
      Do you know his rank or when he served with 3/Pz Rgt 2 ?

Comment

Moved to research forum to hopefully help.

best
        Hank
        Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
        ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

The best I can do is 16/01/1945 he was a Gefreiter.
          Thanks, how do I get to research forum?

Comment

Sorry, found it.(research forum.)

Comment

Hi,
              well, if you are looking for informations about your military career of your father then in my opinion the best thing you can do is contact the WASt (or deutsche Dienststelle) in Berlin. http://www.dd-wast.de/frame_e.htm (You will finde any informations that are important in the link) The WASt has got informations about every soldier that served in the Wehrmacht, but unfortunetly the results are not always detailed and in general the wait takes about nine month or even longer, but sometimes you get it somehow faster. In my case the application to the WASt costed something about 20€ Anyway its worth a try The FPN beloged to the 3. Kompanie Panzer-Regiment 2.
              Regards,
              Siegbert

P.S.: If you send application to the WASt, please send the application in a letter (Ive made the experience that it goes faster.)

Comment

Danke,
                I have already done this, that is how I have as much info as I do. I recieved two pages of info, in German of course, as well as photo copies of some maps. It took about 4 months.

Comment

Here are some of the photos and paper work that I have.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by rbminis; 03-23-2009, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Looks like one at a time for now.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by rbminis; 03-23-2009, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Another one.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by rbminis; 03-23-2009, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Can anyone identify what book this comes from? Please and thanks.
                        Attached Files

Comment

One more.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Interesting he was wearing a Panzer totenkopf on his visor cap... was this common? I have never seen that before.

Comment

Welcome to the forum rbminis!

When you contacted WASt, did you tell them you were a relative? Of course that way you will ensure to get as much as they have themselves!

Some interesting photos you show, in the first one wearing black panzer wrap and side/overseas cap he appears to be wearing a metal cap eagle! Not particularly common.

The third one, as RylanBrissette mentions, not normal to wear a Panzer Totenkopf on this cap! Also, the Waffenfarbe is very dark on this cap, obviously not pink which was common to Panzer troops, more red or black!?!?!?

The list of Einsatztage you show, could well have come out of his Soldbuch (Paybook). These days count towards his Panzer Assault Badge and subsequent higher awards. The one he wears in the photo required 3 combat days as a requirement.
                              It looks like the bottom signature on this document is that of Oberleutnant Heinz Beutler of 3 Kompanie, Panzer Regiment 2, 16 Panzer Division. Awarded the Knights Cross (Ritterkreuz) on 14.2.1945.

/Ian
                              Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X