Destroyer War Badge Opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Destroyer War Badge Opinions

Hi Guys, Here is another KM badge I have and would appreciate your opinions.
    Thanks, John
    Attached Files

original badge

Comment

Hi John,

Very interesting badge. It looks like a minty unworn Tombak Destroyer by Wilhelm Deumer. The only problem is, I've never seen that Schwerin-like dark reverse finish on a Deumer. Mind you a very similar finish was used by Deumer's neighbor S&L on their Destroyer (a different design).

I hesitate because it's also a favorite type of finish on some Staegemeir reproductions. But this badge looks very nice in all other respects.

Any story behind the badge? Could you provide closeups of the catch, hinge and margins, as well as dimensions and weight?

Best regards,
      ---Norm

Comment

Originally posted by Norm F View Post
        Hi John,

Very interesting badge. It looks like a minty unworn Tombak Destroyer by Wilhelm Deumer. The only problem is, I've never seen that Schwerin-like dark reverse finish on a Deumer. Mind you a very similar finish was used by Deumer's neighbor S&L on their Destroyer (a different design).

I hesitate because it's also a favorite type of finish on some Staegemeir reproductions. But this badge looks very nice in all other respects.

Any story behind the badge? Could you provide closeups of the catch, hinge and margins, as well as dimensions and weight?

Best regards,
        ---Norm
        Hi Norm,
        I hope this helps a little. Not the best picture. I got this badge in 1991 at a military show in Atlanta GA. I don't know how long Staegemeir repros have been around. Thanks for your help. John
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by John Degioanni View Post
          Hi Norm,
          I hope this helps a little. Not the best picture. I got this badge in 1991 at a military show in Atlanta GA. I don't know how long Staegemeir repros have been around. Thanks for your help. John
          Hi John,

Hardware looks bang on. Well, I think your badge is a very nice Deumer with an S&L-type finish -- (perhaps some collaboration going on?)

Here you see a couple of S&L's on the left compared to your Deumer on the right.

Cheers.
          ---Norm
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Norm F View Post
            Hi John,

Hardware looks bang on. Well, I think your badge is a very nice Deumer with an S&L-type finish -- (perhaps some collaboration going on?)

Here you see a couple of S&L's on the left compared to your Deumer on the right.

Cheers.
            ---Norm
            Hey Norm, Thank you so much for all this information!! I did not know very much about this badge before I posted it. Thanks again
            John

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X