Bevo volkssturms...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bevo volkssturms...

I just wanted to make sure that these exists. I have seen a few around but ever other type of volkssturm variation seems printed. If you have an example can you post it?

Do you mean Volkssturm armbands ?? I dont think there is any VS armbands in BeVo...

The first armband was white with black print,saying "Deutscher Volkssturm" and the eagle below..There was also a yellow type,saying "Deutscher Volkssturm" and "Wehrmacht" below,no eagle.... After that the red/white/black one,which comes in a couple of different print colours.... But the same basic set-up,red top,black middle with white letters,saying "Deutscher Volkssturm" and "Wehrmacht" below,and red pipeing again...

I would say no ,there is no BeVo VS armband...

Comment

They do

Woven Volkssturm armband DO exist...

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...olkssturm+bevo

Comment

Thanks for the link Dmv. Were these only given to officer's in the volkssturm?

Comment

As far as I'm aware, there is ZERO period evidence stating any specific purpose for this particular variation of VS armband.

Anything about the Bevo version of these bands being meant for a "leader" or an officer in the Volkssturm should be considered speculation.

Comment

According to Hans Kissel book about the VS there is no mention of any wowen armbands..Please note that Kissel isnt just anybody,he was part of leadership of the VS,in its day!
            Kissel mentions 3 types of armbands-------------none are wowen...

Besides I think it would go against the hole idea of the VS..The difference between worker-boss,between countryside-rural area,between officer-soldier was supposed to go away,the VS should muster the entire German ppl to one epic blow against the enemy...

There was to be NO DIFFERENCE among the men,and I do think that it would be treating the men differently if one was given the "poor" model armband and the officer the good one...

Besides,there are many pictures of VS officers(3 and 4 stars)and I dont think any show any special armbands,not to my knowledge...

Comment

I was mentioned a few times in the link about the bevo being an officer type. The stitching does look period. PeterPaul, in the book does it describe the construction style of the armbands like being printed or sewn and such? The strange thing is that they are either post war fakes or they did exists and they have been seen a few times before there were any good fakes....

Comment

Also I would like to add that there have been a few interesting volkssturms pulled out of veteran estates that are different then the ones you say are described in the book. Many areas had armbands made locally that were able to be used because they passed regulations if there were any.... Even later they used HJ armbands with Volkssturm stamps on them...

Comment

Like everything ells in the nazi-state buissness was a one way street,orders came from the top down..And also the orders about the armbands..The red/white/black one was stated as regulation armband 1-12 1944..
                  This was the officel date of which ONLY the r/w/b armband was to be handed out.

There is no doubt that there was many locally made armbands,in the correct colours,but perhaps wowen too...

Kissel DOES NOT mention print or wowen,only the armband colours...

Another author,Franz Seidler does mention print...

I cant say for sure,as there is no direct mention of wowen models...

Comment

So this means that they could very well of existed.

Comment

They could very well of existed. There are many strange variants of the VS armband, not just the ones Kissel mentioned. I speculate that these were made locally, perhaps because they were unable to acquire the official bands due to logistical problems. But again, this is only speculation on my part.

I like these bands too, and I would like to think they are original. But I have my doubts too.

One thing that bothers me, I have never seen a piece of he woven German insgina, with the letters executed with such blocky jagged edges.

Comment

I cant say for sure they didnt excist...

IF its for real it is most likely locally made and most likely not intended for officers..
                        To treat officers differently would go against the nazi-party idea of the VS.

Have you tried UV light and perhaps burned a thread from the stiching ??

Kyle I seen your armbands collection in another thread,very impressive..

(sorry for my English btw)

Comment

Your English isn't bad PeterPaul. I was just wondering about them and I don't have one. I saw one for sale but the stitching didn't look like the one on the link provided and thanks about my collection. The only mystery that will remain unless we find someone who saw them in person being used in a certain town. ETN, what do you mean about the jagged edges? Do you mean the way the letters are stitched?

Comment

It looks more like 1980s than 1940s
                            Attached Files

Comment

Thank you Marius. As shown above, see how the letters have a appearance like some 1980's computer graphics?

I've never seen a piece of woven German insignia with the letters or graphics appearing like that. Compare the way these are woven to other woven armbands like a common Deutsche Wehrmacht band or a POA woven sleeve shield.

The graphics all have smooth edges. This may well because these were rushed into production or something like that, but still, it's enough to give me some concern.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Today.

Working...
                              X