Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ritterkreuz and other awards in use after 1945

Hi folks,

I just like to see any pictures of the Rk and other awards being used after 1945. I hardly have seen Bundeswehr soldiers using their de-nazified awards in 50´s, 60´s and 70´s or even in veteran´s meetings.

But, a couple of month or so ago I saw a picture of a LW veteran in Malta (here in this forum), wearing his RK, and it looks so great that I wonder if there is any others around here...

If you have them, please post them to see the old fighters proudly wear them!!

Regards,

Douglas.

Here is one, I think I might have gotten it off of this forum to.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi!

This is RK-träger Hans Sturm and his wife Hilde, Köln 1958 at the OdR year meeting. Hilde passed away some years ago.

Regards
      Paal

Comment

Although i cannot post the pictures as they are not mine to post, i do have copies of some photos taken during the summer of 1945 in North Norway showing men of the 6 Geb.Div. still wearing their decorations yet minus breast eagle and headgear eagle (i.e de-nazified) unfortunately the photos are not clear enough to tell whether the offending swastikas had been removed from the decorations too but i would think it was highly likely.

regards

Simon
        Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Tyler- do have any idea who the Bundeswehr Oberleutnant in your picture is?

Gruß,
          KSM

Comment

Yes, he is Helmut Hohno

Comment

Sorry forgot the photo of him......
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi
                I'm pleased to see that you appreciate the Höhnos pics.
                Here is a known and controversial one.
                Will FEY

jacques
                Attached Files

Comment

this one is interesting too

Comment

I quote Mr. Roark (Ricardo Montalban) from "Fantasy Island": Smiles everyone. Smiles!
                    WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Execellent photos jacques!!!!

Comment

Heck, can anyone name all these ritterkreuz tragers?

Does anyone know if Anton Kreuzberg is among them??

Rich
                        Interested in hand-stitched EM/NCO LW insignia and cuff-titles
                        Decorations of Germany

Comment

Here are a few more examples in Bundeswehr uniform. These are not my pictures but are courtesy of "Die Ritterkreuzträger in der Bundeswehr", published by the folks at the late lamented www.das-ritterkreuz.de .

First, GenMaj. Werner Ebeling, commanding general of the 11th Panzergrenadier-Division from 1968-70:
                          Attached Files

Comment

GenLt. Gerhard Matzky, who won the RK as commanding general of the 21. Infanteriedivision in April 1944. He was the first Inspekteur of the Bundesgrenzschütz (1951-56) and commanding general of I Korps in Münster (1956-60):
                            Attached Files

Comment

Oberstleutnant Friedrich August von Michael, commander of PzGren-Btl. 73 from 1966-68 and instructor in the staff officer's course in Hamburg from 1968-73:
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X