AlsacDirect

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amazing, what many suspected can now be proved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazing, what many suspected can now be proved!

Gents,

I managed to secure 4 issues of the manufactures magazine "Schwert & Spaten". Very good reading indeed.

Whats so amazing?
    In this issue theres an article about making EK2s. At the very end of the article its stated "after the rims of the cross have been highly burnished a template should be placed across the silver rim and the core painted again".
    At last proof that crosses were repainted after they had been soldered together.

Heres the article for all German readers. Dietrich can probably translate anything people want to know.

Skip
    Attached Files
    LOOKING FOR ALL ITEMS CONNECTED TO HERBERT SCHOB.

start
    Attached Files

Comment

next
      Attached Files

Comment

And heres the bit were they say the core should be repainted as last part before it goes to quality controll.

Skip
        Attached Files

Comment

Great Find Skip, there was just a 2nd class thread with this debate again..guess we point to this thread now-great find again

Comment

WoW!!! I'll bet there are quite a few crosses that will be re-examined with a more open-minded approach. Great find.

Comment

Is this a generalized approach to EK2 construction? Or does it specifically mention certain makers?

Great article skip.

Comment

The pic shows the swaz being burnished. The post mentions being painted "again". Maybe the core was painted, cross assembled, swaz burnished, then 'painted again"( swaz touched up?). Charlie

Comment

Is the top photograph on the second page a soldering jig? It looks like a flame being applied to a jig that applies pressure to the cross with a handle on the bottom so the worker does not get burned. I hope some of our fluent friends will translate this article for us.

Comment

Awsome article, thank you

Comment

Skip,

Great info! I don't suppose there are any articles about warbadge construction?

Best,
                      Greg
                      sigpicFacebook "Tigers in the Ardennes" book page
                      www.facebook.com/TigersintheArdennes

Comment

Awesome info indeed. My German 'ain't the greatest, so I'd really appreciate it if someone could maybe translate any of the pertinent info regarding the production process.

Thanks for sharing this with us!
                        Rob

Comment

-

Very interesting indeed!

Comment

I like the last sentence best:
                            Die peinliche Generalkontrolle, die auf ein fehlerlose einwandfreie Auslieferung bedacht ist, ist der letzte Arbeitsgang.

The embarrassingly detailed general inspection, required for a mistake free, unmarred deliverable, is the final step in production.

Hank
                            Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
                            ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Great find Skip. That explains alot

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X