Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

++++rare helmets++++

hi guys,
    i havent been posting for some time now and i still wont be, because i must work for shool now. it is the last semester and it is very hard

just this one:

what helmets do you consider the rerest?
    i was told that it is the m40 dd ss with camo
    is this even possible?
    also i think the ss are very rare, right?

what are your opinions?

do you have any of the "rare" helmets in your collections?
    i am still looking for my first

Hmm, dont know if they exist, but an: M37 SS DD Fj with normandie camo and chicken wire, with name on the liner would probebly be pretty rare

Comment

Hi Zib ,good luck with you exams ,The Rarest or the most desirable .Personally I think that a Double Decal Kriegsmarine in Battleship grey would be the most desirable.Even though every one wants a SS helmet they seem to be rather common ,You just have to look on the German Daggers helmet forum ,not a day goes by without "hey look what came through the letter box today ...yes thats right an SS helmet " I'm not knocking that ,they are nice but not that rare ,whereas DD KM helmets are virtually unheard of ,just my thoughts and I dont want to upset anyone who has just had an SS helmet through there postbox this morning,Rob
      God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

helmet

hi,
        thanx, i will tray to getr al the exams done.
        so what is with m40 dd ss, are they rare?
        here in slovenia, i know a fellow who has it, but i have doubts that it is possible it is real?

Comment

Maybe a DD M40, from the Azad Hind waffen ss Legion.
          (and to make it a bit more rare ad the camo and the chicken wire)

A chinese used German helmet with decal

Todt, RAD, NSKK helmets

I believe a single decal or double decal SS helmet is an easy catch if you compare it to the ones mentioned above.

Arjan

goodluck with your exams

Comment

helmet

hehe,
            yes i know that tho one mentioned are the rarest.

a guy, his name is anže has a M40 dd ss helmet with sprayed on camo.
            i think it is real, but i have a problem,
            he got it of ebay ( first red flag?) and the camo is very nicely done, like it was painted with a profesional tool ( second red flag)
            i have two pictures but cant post them

Comment

If he got it of ebay, and bought it below the 4000 dollar, it is probably a fake, there are enough people who watch ebay and enough people who know ss helmets and when they see a good one they will buy it. So I believe it is impossible to buy a good helmet for a very cheap price on ebay.

But that is just my opinion,

Arjan

Comment

helmet

could someone please be so kind to post his email here and i will send then foto, just for a rough opinion, cous pictures are poore. please hurry cous i will go to shool in about 10 minutes.

Comment

Yes, SS helmets are indeed rare but a REAL one is even more rare.

Comment

Originally posted by darryl-P
                    Yes, SS helmets are indeed rare but a REAL one is even more rare.
                    A fake SS helmet which Darryl-P and Ty say it is an original is also rare

Comment

When you say rare are you refering to what's the rarest factory produced helmet? Many helmets can be very rare but were not factory issued that way. Take a camo for instance, if you find a highly desirable one, you own the only one as no two are the same..so if your the sole owner how rare is that?

That's why high end camo helmets will sometimes fetch crazy money, then there's some that will struggle to break $600.

Comment

helmet

hi, perry. thanx for help.

this helmet is a M 40 dd ss camo helemt. it is two way camo, green and over some brown, it hase a dome stamp in the bottom, which i cant really make out, but i can clearly see it has a 1940 stamped.
                        it also has staps on the neckguard.
                        look i have two pictures and i cant post them , i know i should pay the 25$ and it will work, but i would realy need to know now if it is any good. i could maybe make a bargain with my frend( the owner) as he is not into collecting.
                        i dont even understand why he bought it of ebay if he is not a collectior, it is a little strange
                        so could help with pictures?

send email to JAKOPEC.BOSTJAN@AMIS.NET and i will send you picks.

thanx

Comment

helmet

so is there really nobody that could help me this one time?

Comment

helmet

hi,
                            now i can write what the numbers stamped into the metal are:

NS66 and 0162

pictures will fallow.

Comment

Here is a helmet that belongs to forum member Jakopec Boštjan.

Take it away Jakopec...
                              Last edited by Ken B.; 03-02-2007, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X