X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pic 2
    Attached Files

Comment

That's a nice cross, Douglas, but I was referring to a core like the #1 in the chart, you identified as an S&L 2nd core. Do you have an S&L with the #1 core?

Comment

Will have a look .

Comment

Not quit the specs you wanted . Well the only one I have is not marked . Picture resolution not that good .

Douglas
          Attached Files

Comment

There it is. Thank you, Douglas. I knew you had sent me photos of that core/cross years back. It's certainly an S&L frame. I'll keep the file this time.

Comment

Originally posted by streptile View Post
              I believe that any cross with this pin system and a Juncker frame is a Juncker. Some are found with W&L cores. The pin is similar, but not the same, as the common K&Q pin.
              Thanks Trevor.
              Here a comparation of the 2 differents pins, this pin system and the K&Q system.
              Entering more in the discussion, if we have a cross with W&L core and frame marked L/12 on pin is considerated a Juncker (the same happens with crosses marked L/50 and 20 or L/52) why the same unmarked cross is considerated a W&L ? The question, of course, is opened to all members, to have some opinions.
              In my opinion could be right if there are crosses marked L/55 or 100 (are there ? I don't know) but if there are just marked L/12 it means they are Junckers.
              Attached Files

Comment

another pic to compare the 2 different sets-up
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by fabri-online View Post
                  if we have a cross with W&L core and frame marked L/12 on pin is considerated a Juncker (the same happens with crosses marked L/50 and 20 or L/52) why the same unmarked cross is considerated a W&L ?
                  Hi Fabri,
                  I think the order of determination probably goes like this:

1) mark
                  2) frame
                  3) core or pin system

If a cross is correctly marked for a maker, it can be thought of as a cross of that maker. Thus a Zimmermann cross marked L/50 is a Godet. If a cross is unmarked, we look first to the frame. Thus an EK1 with a W&L core but a Juncker frame would be considered a Juncker. The same cross with a W&L frame would be a W&L. If the only recognizable feature is the core or pin, we are more uncertain, but we try to assign a maker based on that as best we can.

This is just based on my observation, and isn't something I've ever heard stated as such. But I have noticed that seems to be how it works. It is imperfect, it's true.
                  Best regards,
                  Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

PS: Great pin comparisons between the Juncker and the W&L!
                    Best regards,
                    Streptile

Comment

I see a comparison with a marked 65 and a posible Juncker pin set --- if it is , could be W&L pin set , cannot tell from that angle .

Douglas

Comment

Thanks for your answers guys.

Trevor, I agree with a great part of your comment. In the true the problem is that there is not a certain rule but just our manner to reason depending on experience.

Douglas, you have sayd an interesting thing, it 's important for me to understand if W&L used pin set I showed in that cross or similar.
                        Until some months ago I thought this pin used just by Juncker, now I 'm a little confused about it. Is it possible to see a comparison of these 2 pin sets ?

Guys, later here we have our New Year's celebration, have you a very happy 2010 full of success. See you next year ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by fabri-online View Post
                          Trevor, I agree with a great part of your comment. In the true the problem is that there is not a certain rule but just our manner to reason depending on experience.
                          Yes, that is how I feel also when trying to fix a maker to a cross.

Happy New Year to you all, too!
                          Best regards,
                          Streptile

Comment

Interesting to know what other pin set the 65 is compared too ??
                            Juncker and W&L do have their own seperate pin sets distinquisable mainly in shape. The picture shows the differences - mainly on the anchors .

Happy New Year
                            Douglas
                            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Douglas. Can you show us full reverse and obverse shots of those two crosses?

Happy New Year
                              Best regards,
                              Streptile

Comment

The front of my W&L , very earl cross .
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 25 users online. 0 members and 25 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X