No announcement yet.

1939 EKII Deschler Round 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is my Deschler Round 3 , on post #6 you can see what looks to be a blob of solder , not sure why this was put there , any ideas ?
    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Well Jim,

Now that I know where to find one it shouldn't be too hard...

Comment

Very nice cross Mark,

It looks like your cross has an application of silver over the iron core.

Comment

Hi Robert
                    my compliments for your new entry, very nice cross !!

Mark, you have a very nice R3 also !

Comment

I concour that these are all nice examples! Robert, For just getting into the R3 crosses I really like the example You have bought! and the Black color of the frame is Killer!
                      Is the patina due to a lacquered finish as found on early Juncker EKII's?
                      Odd solder blob on Mark's example?
                      I am trying to learn here and as stated earlier in the thread.... Wonder if Douglas will chime in on the frame material type's and finishes!
                      Best regards!
                      Kevin
                      Last edited by WEISNER; 08-16-2009, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Kevin,

The construction material I am not sure of. I'm the student so far on these round 3's.

Comment

Robert, Are there traces of flaked off lacquer? Or when frame is rubbed between the fingers does it fell sticky or look like a thick buildup on the flat area of the frame? I would love to see Your cross in hand.... and wonder if the frame is Coin silver giving it the dark patina or perhaps later silver plated and lacquered? I suspect it is not coated and perhaps Coin silver? IMO????
                          Douglas, As You know has an eye for Frame base material make up, and again I hope He chimes in with His opinion!
                          Kevin
                          Last edited by WEISNER; 08-17-2009, 12:24 AM.

Comment

Fabri, and others too, can you look at your Deschler and see if they have the same flaws on the 6 o' clock arm beading step. Interesting to see the nice patina too, would also like to know what Douglas thinks of the material used in the frames.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Carl , i have just checked my Deschler for these floors & they are not on mine .

Comment

Hi Carl
                                I can check when I come back home, unfortunately I have always the same problem, my collection is in another city not so near. I 'll come back in 2-3 days and I 'll take pic if there is something.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X