Schinkel B, a love story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schinkel B, a love story

Been tempting and alluring me for a very long time but today it arrived. Has a magnetic and silver plated core that does not hold the paint very well. It completes my 'Round 3' EKII collection and almost the collection of EKII variants. Only one left is the 'one piece' Schinkel and that is only a couple of days away.
    Attached Files

She's a beaut all right!
    Best regards,
    Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

reverse is nice too
      Attached Files

Comment

Very nice Carl :.... I see you found one ... not that easy to get . Count yourself lucky to get a 2nd variant type . Is that one silver plated ? Somewhat looks like it .

Douglas

Comment

Well done - a very tough cross to find.

Comment

Great find

Comment

Thanks Guys!

Originally posted by Douglas 5 View Post
              Very nice Carl :.... I see you found one ... not that easy to get . Count yourself lucky to get a 2nd variant type . Is that one silver plated ? Somewhat looks like it .

Douglas
              Douglas> yes, core is magnetic and silver plated. What is a "2nd variant type"? Are there 2 types of Schinkel B?

Comment

Regards

Daniel
                Regards
                Daniel

Search:
                !!! all awards with [L/15] mark !!!
                Otto Schickle
                All early 57er pieces

Comment

For how much €/$ do they go these days?

Stefan

Comment

It depends on whether the dealer knows he has a rare one or not...

I had two and have since sold one. The first was when I ABSOLUTELY had to have one and I paid a ludicrous €900 .... the second I got from an unsuspecting dealer (Winkler) for €325.

From someone who knew what they had, I'd be surprised if you got one for under €500 - probably higher...

Comment

I paid 650E, bought it from a guy here on WAF (thanks Alex!). Found one at a German dealer not long ago for 250 but was a bit late Not many years ago all the R3's, Schinkel & Übergrösse went for the same price as a Standard one, Internet really educated us all

Comment

Very nice, very hard to find! Mine, on the right:

Comment

Well done, i have been looking for one for some time. Rarely see them
                          offered, hope to find one that has gone unrecognized, you never know.
                          Regards
                          Mametz

Comment

Originally posted by Biro View Post
                            I had two and have since sold one.
                            Go on, show us the other one.
                            Best regards,
                            Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

These are very unique looking EK's

Is there any story behind the reason that these crosses are quite a different design from other EKs, ie the straight 'arms' on the cross?

a very desirable cross imo

funny thing is that if i came across one of these crosses years ago before i knew what i know now, I probably would have thought it fake as it is such a deviation from the usual ek design.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X