help with belt and buckle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help with belt and buckle

G'Day, I am new on this site. I would like some help with ID on a belt and buckle I have in my collection. The belt reads RZM KERNSTUCK L2/360/35 and the two prong buckle reads (?? in a circle??) then M5174 (or M5/74),I think, but is extremely small so I am unsure. The belt is deep dark brown on both sides, (to me it looks black, but well worn.) When found, the belt had a LUGER HOLSTER attached, which reads, VEREINIGTE, SATTLERMEISTER, HALLEYS,1916. (I assume, but some of the letters are hard to read.) The holster is the same as the belt in looks. The holster contained a 1917 DWM LUGER, in excellent condition (which unfortunately had to be handed into Police, during gun amnesty here in Australia). Could you please help with the origins of these items.P.S. I am unsure how to post photos on this site, could you please help? Look forward to hearing from you, Paul
    Attached Files
    Last edited by tobruk; 09-04-2003, 04:31 AM. Reason: add photos

Hi Tobruk

Let me try to explain first regarding the belt not an expert but it give you several information’s regarding who made it. RZM are the abbreviation for Reichzeugmeisterei (spelling) the party control stamp for goods made for and to the party and others like the SS it mean L2 (firm)/360 (contract)/ 35 is the Year of manufacturing and Kernstück means Leather from a premier piece of leather. about the holster not much knowledge regarding the types and specialities but more in the Maker. He is member of the Union of leathers masters or makers of the city of Halle who is located in the North-Eastern Germany between Hannover and Kassel. The buckle is under the same code system namely in this order Firm/Contract/Year
    Hope you get some of my explanations.
    Best Regards

Kim
    Originally posted by tobruk
    G'Day, I am new on this site. I would like some help with ID on a belt and buckle I have in my collection. The belt reads RZM KERNSTUCK L2/360/35 and the two prong buckle reads (?? in a circle??) then M5174 (or M5/74),I think, but is extremely small so I am unsure. The belt is deep dark brown on both sides, (to me it looks black, but well worn.) When found, the belt had a LUGER HOLSTER attached, which reads, VEREINIGTE, SATTLERMEISTER, HALLEYS,1916. (I assume, but some of the letters are hard to read.) The holster is the same as the belt in looks. The holster contained a 1917 DWM LUGER, in excellent condition (which unfortunately had to be handed into Police, during gun amnesty here in Australia). Could you please help with the origins of these items.P.S. I am unsure how to post photos on this site, could you please help? Look forward to hearing from you, Paul

Comment

Hi Paul, first of all welcome to the forum!
      The RZM code, M5/74, is for this maker: NoelIe & Hueck G.m.b.H., Lüdenscheid.

In order to post pictures on the forum you have two options.
      The first is to become an association member, which costs $20 U.S. per year. This allows you to post pics direct from your PC. Not only that it gives you access to the members only pages with tons of information. It is $20 very well spent I can assure you .
      Alternativley, you can post images via a link to a photo hosting website. Many service providers give free webspace which can be used for this purpose.
      Hope this helps you a little?
      Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Thanks mate

Originally posted by Adrian Stevenson
        Hi Paul, first of all welcome to the forum!
        The RZM code, M5/74, is for this maker: NoelIe & Hueck G.m.b.H., Lüdenscheid.

In order to post pictures on the forum you have two options.
        The first is to become an association member, which costs $20 U.S. per year. This allows you to post pics direct from your PC. Not only that it gives you access to the members only pages with tons of information. It is $20 very well spent I can assure you .
        Alternativley, you can post images via a link to a photo hosting website. Many service providers give free webspace which can be used for this purpose.
        Hope this helps you a little?
        Cheers, Ade.
        Thanks Adrian, for your help. I have just subscibed, and once I have been cleared ,I will post photos. Paul

Comment

Originally posted by kmh
          Hi Tobruk

Let me try to explain first regarding the belt not an expert but it give you several information’s regarding who made it. RZM are the abbreviation for Reichzeugmeisterei (spelling) the party control stamp for goods made for and to the party and others like the SS it mean L2 (firm)/360 (contract)/ 35 is the Year of manufacturing and Kernstück means Leather from a premier piece of leather. about the holster not much knowledge regarding the types and specialities but more in the Maker. He is member of the Union of leathers masters or makers of the city of Halle who is located in the North-Eastern Germany between Hannover and Kassel. The buckle is under the same code system namely in this order Firm/Contract/Year
          Hope you get some of my explanations.
          Best Regards

Kim
          Thanks Kim, for your response. I assumed that the '35' was in fact the date of manufacture. I appreciate you confirming this. The rest of the information was a definite bonus. Appreciate your quick reply. Look forward to any future correspondence.Tobruk

Comment

Hello!

Just a little correction regarding the RZM number. "L2" is the RZM number for leather belts made by factory. The other possibilty which could be found is "L4" for leather belts made by a craftman/saddle maker.

360 is the manufacturer, in that case "Thomas Arthur" in Hamburg.

Christian

Comment

Belt

Originally posted by Wickie
              Hello!

Just a little correction regarding the RZM number. "L2" is the RZM number for leather belts made by factory. The other possibilty which could be found is "L4" for leather belts made by a craftman/saddle maker.

360 is the manufacturer, in that case "Thomas Arthur" in Hamburg.

Christian
              G'day Christian
              I have finally added some photos. Thankyou for your info, it is of great help.
              Cheers, Paul.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X